Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie
Breakfast has never been so sweet! This is a nutritious way to indulge your chocolate craving – by using raw cacao powder and the raspberries to sweeten the smoothie, you will get more of the benefit from the cacao powder (such as magnesium) and much less of the sugar regular chocolate can have.
Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day, and a smoothie to go is the best way for people on the go to start their day off right. This smoothie is packed with fibre and protein, and if you use the VegeGreens protein powder, you’ll get an extra dose of veggies for the day too.
– 1/2 cup of organic raspberries (if fresh are out of season you can use frozen)
– 1 scoop of protein powder (our favourite is Progressive VegeGreens Vegan Protein)
– 2 tablespoons ground flax
– 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Add all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. If the consistency of the smoothie is thicker than you’d like, just add a bit more almond milk and re-blend.
2. Pour smoothie into a travel mug and you’re ready for your day!
Optional: To get a dose of healthy fats you can add 1 teaspoon of olive oil or fish oil. Some people like to add their oil to their smoothie to hide the taste.