Vegan Chocolate Mousse
This recipe is so easy and yummy, you’ll never know its dairy-free! It’s also gluten free and low in sugar. The perfect chocolately dessert for those looking to reduce sugar in their diet. I learned this recipe from Lisa Bridgeman when doing a nutritional cooking class for cancer survivors. Now that we’ve tested it out a few times, its ready to share.
– 1 block of Silken tofu (extra firm)
– 1/2 cup of almond milk (be sure to use a brand that is carageenan free)
– 1 cup of semi sweet non-dairy chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Melt 1 cup of semi sweet non-dairy chocolate chips in a small sauce pan on the lowest temperature setting. It is very important to melt the chocolate at a low temperature so it remains smooth. Remove from heat as soon as all of the chocolate chips have melted.
2. Add remaining ingredients to a blender. Add the melted chocolate to the blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Depending on the power of your blender, it may take longer on a medium setting for the mixture to blend together until smooth and creamy.
3. Empty the mixture out of the blender and into a bowl. Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
Optional: garnish with organic berries such as raspberries, strawberries or blackberries.